Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Garden 2011

Over the past weekend, I had the privilege of helping my mom plant her vegetable garden.  For the past few years, I have been thankful to receive fresh veggies from her garden but haven't been able to help her plant it.  Nothing beats fresh produce right out of the garden and it's such a fun way to spend time with my mom.

We planted these fair-weather crops this weekend:  Brussels sprouts, collard greens, carrots, turnips, beets, radishes, snow peas, sugar snap peas, and regular (English) peas.  As they pop up, I'm going to be posting some of my recipes for these veggies.  If you can't get them fresh out of the garden, these are all good things to be buying at the supermarket right now, as they are both in-season and cheaper right now.

Our little seedlings:

The green thumb and her apprentice:

0 comments:

Post a Comment