Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Garden Update Week 5

The rainy weather has prevented me from taking many pictures of the garden lately.  I took advantage of the break in the weather to record the progress.




Carrots

Turnips

Sugar snap peas
Potatoes
Beets

Earlier this week, my mom told me that I needed to come pick some mustard greens.  The night I stopped by, she wasn't at home, so I ventured out to pick some of the greens which I have never cooked before.  I knew what the collard greens looked like because they conveniently had a label:



The plant to it's right looked similar so I happily plucked off some of the leaves and went on my way:



In case you are ever in a similar What plant is this again? dilemma.  This is what mustard greens look like:



Oops!  Thankfully, I realized my mistake before I fixed sauteed Brussels sprouts leaves.  But Mom and I had a good laugh.  She thought a rabbit had destroyed her plant.  Nope.  Just me.



Note to self: Don't wear flip flops in the garden.

This weekend we fixed the mustard and collard greens, so look for that recipe later this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment